Hummus cravings sorted - PASHAH, Koregaon Park

02:48:00 Sudipti Singh 0 Comments


As you walk the South Main Road, the newly-opened Pashah grabs your attention. Self dubbed as "A Mughal Bistro", the spacious eating joint welcomes you in with rows of tempting skewers of kebabs and delicious aroma of grilled chicken wafting from the open tandoor.


 There is an outer seating area right in front of the tandoor area and a air-conditioned indoor seating. We chose to sit indoors as it was a sultry afternoon.

We started off immediately with a delicious plate of HUMMUS and PITA BREAD served with a generous garnishing of olives and side of pickled vegetables. The hummus was delicious and was one of the tastier ones I have had in Pune.


This was followed by FALAFELs which was amazingly crunchy and beautifully prepared. The tahini sauce in the side was a perfect. I would highly recommend the Falafels and in fact, hummus and pita here at Pashah.


The tandoori starters were a hit too! The MUTTON SEEKH KEBABs were juicy and spicy. It was seekh kebab goals right there.
My personal favorites from the others was the MURG KALI MIRCH which was beautifully grilled kebabs with a good hint of black pepper. Seasoning was apt and the meat was incredibly tender. Minimal and to the point, just the way I like it.


MAKRANA KEBABS were chicken legs seasoned in spices and cream, cooked to such perfection that the meat just yielded as you bit into them. Mmmm, Kukkad heaven.


Usually, by the time I'm done with the appetizers, I'm already looking forward to the desserts. The mains are not my favorite course of the meal and it takes a very delicious plate of food to grab my attention and hold it.


Hence, the mains were a bit of a hit and miss for me. I quite liked the MURG LAHORI which had nicely cooked chicken in decently-spiced curry. A good squeeze of lemon and it went quite well with my naan.


I also liked the CHICKEN DUM BIRYANI which was not overtly spiced and good meat to rice ratio.


The dessert wasn't a big affair but it had a pretty good GAJAR KA HALWA, which I polished off because you don't just NOT eat gajar-ka-halwa!
The GULAB JAMUNs though was a bit too sweet for my taste. Because though I love my dessert, too sugary sweet is always a turn-off for me.

Overall, Pashah is a good option if you are looking for a quick fix for a hunger hour. You can always go for the starters which trumped the mains incontestably. There is a pretty good kebab spread so you won't run out of options. To add to that, Pashah does pretty good wraps and SHAWARMAs at incredible prices!
Buy one get one wraps for Rs.100?! Now if that is not a pretty good incentive to give this place a visit, I don't know what is.

Pashah Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Finally, a big thank you to Sasha for the inviting and hosting us all. And huge cheer to team Pashah!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments :